Name five series that should have had a musical episode (and how it could have been explained).
1. Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Yes I know that this show did actually have a musical episode, but since there are shows that have musical episodes that shouldn't (I'm looking at you Chicago Hope) I wanted to include this one that should. Really, Buffy set the bar for all musical episodes ever. You need songs that are well integrated and a reason for the characters to sing.
2. Doctor Who - You know it could happen. Doctor Who would support a Rock Opera type of musical well. The Doctor would land on some planet where the inhabitants sing instead of speak. Since the TARDIS seems able to translate every other type of language she should be equally able to render all the characters' speech into song.
3. Pushing Daisies - This show was so theatrical to begin with that adding songs wouldn't be terribly out of place. After all, the narrative already has two characters who were performers and one who sings occasionally. The story would be about a crime either in a theater or one in a Nashville type music machine.
4. Veronica Mars - Okay this is mostly to see Kristen Bell sing more, but it wouldn't be too difficult to require Veronica (and possibly Wallace) to go under cover in the school play. Duncan would already have the lead, since he was pretty involved in school anyway and Mac could be on tech (either from a genuine interest or as one of Veronica's undercover people). Maybe Weevil could be there serving a punishment and turn out to be really good?
5. House - Maybe I shouldn't put this one, as I'm not sure I would really want a musical episode of House, but I think it one of the few realistically based shows that could pull it off. It would have to be either House once again in a coma or detoxing or a patient with symptoms that manifest as auditory hallucinations.